Comments

Jen said…
Yes indeed! Using a tripod and colored light bulb. I was going for the good vs evil theme, maybe too obvious.
Jen said…
And the bottom one was pure fun.
Double exposure, or two singles clipped together? I can't tell...
Jen said…
The top one is a double exposure.
Jen said…
I call it dumb luck. Good guessing. :p

One of my biggest weaknesses is that I'm not detail-oriented. I'm impulsive and when I get a rush of creative energy, I jump in and start experimenting. If I had to come up with a detailed plan for a photo project, it would be difficult. I'd probably have much better results, though.
Did you move the camera, or leave it in on a tripod at the same place for both shots? I notice that the light source appears to come from two different spots... did you set a timer or move the light or just switch a different one on and move your face into it?
Jen said…
The camera stayed on the tripod. I had a color changing LED light bulb in one hand with a shutter release bulb in the other hand. I released the shutter while the light bulb was one color, shifted to the side a little, changed the color of the light bulb and released the shutter again. I kept the remote control for the LED light bulb in my pocket. The hardest part was judging the distance correctly for the two different exposures.
It's always interesting to discover how things are made, especially when simple answers don't always yield the actual results. Thanks for sharing!
Jen said…
Of course! I love learning about the process. You would think it would take away the magic of the thing, but it seems to only enhance it.



Popular Posts