tea toning a cyanotype on vellum. and one of my favorite REM songs.
















Comments

“I think boredom is the beginning of every authentic act. (...) Boredom opens up the space, for new engagements. Without boredom, no creativity. If you are not bored, you just stupidly enjoy the situation in which you are.”
― Slavoj Žižek
Jen said…
well I should have all the space in the world. :(

Oh, the ennui! ;)

from an interpretation of song lyrics site...

In “Radio Song,” KRS-One raps, “Now our children grow up prisoners/All their lives, radio listeners.”

Since this song has a reference to a child, a barricade, and a radio, it might be a continuation of the same theme – but turned positive, about escaping the prison of mass media and finding freedom to belong outside those bounds.


Freedom in a cyanotype, perhaps?
Jen said…

I don't know about how easily I find freedom in visual arts. My creativity is low right now. All I seem to be able to do is look for inspiration from others and flat out copy them. I don't mind too much. Like I said a while back, the inner work is intense right now, and I'm okay with that.

Popular Posts