Old Time Saturday 2014









































Comments

Thersites said…
Had this been my local town, there would have been blankets all over the sidewalk and lawn chairs "reserving" spaces for last-minute arrival attendee's. ;)
Jen said…
FJ, I think this kind of thing is a novelty to a lot of people. But to the people who've lived here for years, it's a pretty big deal. I used to scoff at it, but now I really enjoy it. :-) I'm getting older.
Jen said…
Duck, you'd love this thing. It starts off with a parade at 9 am, and goes until 6 pm. Tons of AMAZING food sold by local family vendors. Oh...the BBQ brisket. (I had it for lunch AND dinner.) And the kids just run and play all day. They get so excited to see their friends out like that, and have so much freedom. The streets are blocked off so everyone's more relaxed. It's pretty cool. And the "eccentrics" come out...which is my favorite part. ;-)
Jen said…
Nice shot of the phone booth! I never see them anymore.
Thersites said…
When I was a kid, the town of Milpitas, CA used to host a weekend called "Frontier Days" when everyone dressed up in old clothes, and a carnival set up rides. I always enjoyed it.

I still remember these tokens.

Very cool, like these photos.
Ducky's here said…
Your street photography is getting more interesting, Jen, especially those last two shots.
Jen said…
FJ, I have that song playing in my earbuds when I go out with my camera. ;-)

...sometimes I just stop and dance.
lol
Z said…
Jen, the contrast black/white is astonishing...so crisp, so clear.
These are excellent...
I'm THERE as I watch the images!
Jen said…
Thanks, Z. I have been using a different camera lately and I'm really enjoying it. My film development still has a LONG way to go, though.

Popular Posts