Big Bend 2019 Part I


This is the local "grocery store" in Terlingua, Tx. The owner leaves and puts a note on the door that if you buy something, just slip your money under the door. 












This is just south of Terlingua on the edge of a cliff leading down into the valley where the Rio Grande runs. My friend Brian Magnuson encouraged me to take this shot with my 4x5 camera.













This is even further south of Terlingua, near Presidio This rock formation is other-worldly, and we had a great time exploring. I walked behind it, down a dry river bed, and for a while I was utterly alone. I couldn't hear cars or people, and nobody knew where I was. I felt pure joy for the first time in a long time. xoxo











 This is in the town of Terlingua, across from the famous cemetery. Fun fact: Terlingua has 60 permanent residents.








































This is the Rio Grande, with blue bonnets. Shot on Instax Wide.

Comments

Popular Posts