Comments

Jen said…
Meh. Feels hypernormal to me.

;-)
Jen said…
Deeeeeepresssing
Social lives are converging on the I-Phone. Best sell your Galaxy now or risk getting left out...
Jen said…
I'm not really feeling like I wanna get lit.
Jen said…
That was a good movie, I might watch it again. Funny how perfectionism can sneak back up on us.
The video also mentioned The Red Shoes, and how obsession/need for control can take the form of impulsivity vs repressed self-control. I'd never thought of that before. I think I've experienced both.
I'm binge-watching series... doing Picard and Discovery now. I don't thinks it's obsession so much as ennui....
The French loanword ennui comes from the very same Late Latin word that gave us annoy — inodiare ("to make loathsome"). We borrowed ennui several centuries after absorbing annoy into the language. Ennui deals more with boredom than irritation - and a somewhat specific sort of boredom at that. It generally refers to the feeling of jadedness that can result from living a life of too much ease. The poet Charles Lloyd described it well in his 1823 Stanzas to Ennui when he referred to that world-weary sensation as a "soul-destroying fiend" which visits with its "pale unrest / The chambers of the human breast / Where too much happiness hath fixed its home."

Popular Posts