Looking Back, 1977

The house was decorated with yellow and blue crepe paper and balloons, and my godmother was staying with us for a few days. Nobody told me what the occasion was, and I felt left out of the excitement.

In the morning, I smelled bacon and coffee, and climbed onto the kitchen stool to eat my breakfast. Mom and Linda were both drinking coffee and wearing their nightgowns and robes, and I thought they were so beautiful.

That afternoon we ate cake and watched mom open presents. I still didn't know what the party was about. After everyone left, Mom laid on the bed, and I curled up to her. She placed my hand on her belly and let me feel as my little brother squirmed about inside. I felt so happy and excited!

He was born in April, and mom would play Linda Ronstadt albums  in the afternoon. We also listened to a lot of Supertramp on the radio.







Comments

Thersites said…
It begins...? ;)

Just watched BBT. Howard stars in a children's book called, "The Scared Little Astronaut".

...call it a "legacy".
Jen said…
Yes, it begins! lol
try not to fall asleep while reading. ;-)

I am so far behind on BBT....

I love that show though. It's connected to good memories.

Thersites said…
I look forward to future retrospective memories of it! ;)
Jen said…
Makes me think of....
https://youtu.be/68eue5cpbsE
Let's see, 1977...

I'm sailing on Engine Cadet on the President Fillmore, hurt my finger in a grinder, spend two weeks in A hospital in Tokyo, and am deported from Japan. Getting off the flight, I come across a man laying in the jetway... I attempt CPR but due to my bandaged hand, am ineffective and he dies. I get a skin graft and recover in San Francisco, and return to the Academy for the Spring Semester. I perform a two week internship at MTL, 60 Broad St., NY, NY. I finish the 4th quarter and then vacation in Kauai (no ka oi) with my girlfriend. I propose, she accepts. I return to the Academy a First Classman to begin my tour as 3rd Platoon Commander for 5th Company.
Jen said…
I enjoy your Sea stories with Elbro...but there's so much military jargon it's hard to keep up. ;-)

Popular Posts